A hub for watersports in Gloucestershire.
We are building a new centre for rowing and canoeing in Gloucestershire to provide:
- A home for Gloucester Rowing Club and Gloucester Canoe Club offering recreational and competitive rowing and canoeing for all ages (8-80+)
- Development of future Olympians with the Hartpury Rowing Academy
- A facility open to all schools, colleges and universities in Gloucestershire
- Regional centre for Adaptive Rowing (for the disabled)
- Training camps for clubs in the region and national-level crews
- Regattas drawing entries from across the country
- Fun regattas open to all
Construction of the boathouse has started and before the end of 2016 we will have completed the building and the ground floor will be fitted out with storage for rowing boats and canoes and limited toilet and shower facilities. As funds permit, the next stage will be to fit out the main changing facilities on level 1. Further funds will need to be raised to complete fitting out the gym, meeting rooms, function room and catering facilities.
Funding: Over £1.5 million has been raised to date but we now need to raise another £250,000 to to complete the next stage of the project. Please help us meet that goal.
An easy way to help is to vote for our project in the Aviva Community Awards before 18 November 2016.
Cheques made payable to Gloucester Boathouse Ltd can be sent to The Boat House Appeal, Gloucester Boathouse Ltd, The Boat House, 326 Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 5DH.